Sunday, June 28, 2020

9th August 2019: Medan Trip

Tofu giving me the evil eye before I left for the airport. 

We had a mini home celebration for national day first though! 

The only red accessory I could find for him to wear.

My first time at the new airport. We didn't have time to explore much but it was really pretty. 

Chinese food for lunch before our flight! 


Stayed at the Marriot for the first night, and it was resplendent. 


We also had an in-room massage before dinner which was very lovely, but I think I prefer massages in a designated massage room better.

Found this lovely cafe when we went out to hunt for food. 

It was way bigger than it looked from the outside. 

Even had a giant koi pond! 

Happy boy. 

We were pleasantly surprised that the food was really good. We had thought that a pretty cafe would have generic food, but this was pretty authentic. 

We also clearly ordered too much (as usual). 

I thought I was buying a single person chocolate pancake from a stall at the roadside, and was wondering why it took 20 minutes to come. IT WAS AN ENTIRE BOX. I could barely even finish 2 pieces after our dinner lol. 

The courtyard was beautiful. We had to head for an early night because we had to be up first thing in the morning for our long ride to Lake Toba!

No comments:

Post a Comment